SICILIAN RELIGIOUS AND FOLKLORIC EVENTS
SUGGESTED DATES OF THE MAIN EVENTS – but we can organize your short break throughout the year!
Carnival short break: 5-8 February 2016
Cavalcata of St Joseph in Scicli: 31 March – 3 April 2016
Easter: 25 – 28 March 2016
Infiorata of Noto: 13-16 May 2016
Madonna delle Milizie in Scicli: 27 – 30 May 2016
- Arrive Modica
- Dinner in local typical restaurant
- Visit of: Noto, the Baroque masterpiece (Unesco site)
- Experience the ‘Infiorata’ of Noto, if you are there on that weekend!
- Wine tasting in one of the best wineries of the area, and lunch with local produce.
- Tour of the southernmost point of the Sicilian coast and visit of quaint fishing villages.
- Horse-drawn carriage tour of Modica
- Dinner in a ‘trattoria’ of Modica
- Visit of: Scicli, elegant Baroque town and set of the Inspector Montalbano TV series
- Experience the Cavalcata of St Joseph, Easter celebrations, Madonna delle Milizie if you are there on those weekends!
Dinner in Modica or Noto
- Visit of: Modica, between Baroque and culinary excellence
- Lunch in a rustic farmhouse to discover homemade cooking
- Visit of: Ragusa Ibla (if travelling from Comiso airport) or Catania (if travelling from Catania airport)
- Transfer to the airport
PRICE: €650pp (with private chauffeur) or €500pp (self-drive) – Min 2 people
WHAT IS INCLUDED
– All transfers with private car with professional driver or rented car for self-drive
– 3-night accommodation in B&Bs and 3-star small charming hotels
– All meals (drinks are not included)
– Wine tasting experience
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED
– Local Tourist Tax (around 1 Euro per person per night depending on the local authorities)
– Museum/church/sites entrance fees not listed in the itinerary
Discover Moltabano Complete Tour - Download the REPORT (day-by-day) for FREE
This is what our guests think
This is a superior tour company. My husband and I have never had a personalized tour before and Francesca and Giorgio anticipated our every need.The individual licensed guides for the UNESCO sites were very knowledgeable but Francesca and Giorgio were flexible enough that they added local nature preserves when they saw our interest. When they heard my uncle landed in Sicily in 1943 with American forces, they showed me where. Originally booked to see Montalbano sites, our time in Sicily was so much more from wine tastings to a cooking class and shared meal with a local family. Giorgio's driving skills and Francesca's translation were invaluableplus they were both a lot of fun to be with. I would use them for any tour in Italy of any size. We were just a couple but they could do tours for groups of friends or family reunions. I also feel we got not only great service but value with our meals and a wonderful B and B. A truly wonderful trip thanks to them.
Judy and Art Frigo from Chicago USA
Chic and Unique Tours Ltd recently organised and managed the wedding of a great friend of mine in Italy. Every detail was arranged impeccably to an absolute fine art. Francesca Sanniti was always at hand to ensure that not only the Bride e Groom were content but also each and every guest. A fantastically well organised wedding, and therefore I would have no problem in recommending Chic and Unique Tours.
Henry B., from Dublin Ireland
I'm sitting here in the villa in Tuscany. It's been a brilliant week. The villa is wonderful - and so homely. Francesa has been a wonderful host, organising interesting trips, picking us up, getting a great chef in and looking after us all. Thank you so much for a much needed holiday. x
Charlotte B., York England
I spontaneously signed up for a relaxing holiday as I needed a vacation in between jobs. It was the perfect choice! Delicious food&wine, fantastic yoga and great company in beautiful surroundings. Every day started and ended with yoga lessons, and every other day we had fun activities (kayaking, wine tasting and hiking to the top of the volcano) and every other day we could relax at the pool or do excursions on our own. A big thanks to Francesca, Ameriga and my co-guests for an amazing holiday :)
Janne B., Oslo, Norway